From:
Pamela A O'Keefe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:17:24 -0500

I am NOT diagnosed celiac, however do have one of the celiac genes (DBQ2?
Not sure of the order of the letters and numbers).  Along w/ the rest of
my family (husband blood test positive for celiac, three children who we
have observed react to gluten, plus two more w/ no apparent reaction to
gluten) I've been eating gf.  However, a couple time over the past three
or four months, I've cheated, and now I'm starting to wonder how
"coincidental" some things really are.  Before going gf, I'd had terrible
dandruff or seborrhic (sp?)dermatitis, was prone to cold sores, and often
had migraine-like headaches.  Since June, I've still had the occasional
headache, but the dandruff (?) has cleared up, and I've had few cold
sores.  BUT, the two times I've cheated, w/in a week, I've had splitting
headaches, itchy scalp, and this week, a developing cold sore.  (But that
egg roll was really, really good!)

Can anyone else relate?

Later,
Pam