From:
David Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:40:35 -0600
I have a PIII 500, Gigabyte MOBO (I don't remember the model no., but it is
the one with the dual bios), 384 MB Ram, 20 Gig WD HDD.

My problem is as follows:

The unit had locked up while my grandson was playing a CD game.  It would
not Ctrl-Alt-Del.  My wife held in the power button for 5 seconds to shut
it down.  The exact moment that my wife let go of the power button, my
grandson hit the reset button.

Now, when I try to power up, I get a power fan, processor fan comes on, HDD
spins up, but I get NOTHING on the screen.  I have a KDS monitor that has a
Self Test screen when you first start it.  That stays up all the time now,
so I am getting no video signal.  I swapped the video card into another
unit and it works fine.

I can't boot to a floppy, can't get to the BIOS, can't get to W98.  NOTHING.

Help, please.

David Gordon
Digital Data
768 E Hwy 66 2D