From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:30:35 -0400
Opps...  It turned out the "button problem" was three things.

1) I gave up too quick...  (Functions that freeze that are not
    necessary turn me off.)

2) The scanner must be on and (maybe) the PaperPort program
loaded before the one button configuration program will not freeze.
(It has some hidden dependencies.)

3) The error message informing you of this fact is buried behind
one of their own splash screen "advertisements" and is never
accessible unless the scanner is on, etc. because the splash
screen freezes...   (This is an Oxymoron.)
(Side note: I always make out better whenever I can disable splash
screens... It seems to be a problem area in many programs...)

By  dynamically loading the programs and drivers and powering
up the scanner after the fact, I was able to break through the
"always on top" splash screen problem.
(This is one of those "bulb" scanners, and since I almost never
scan, I unplug the power transformer most times.)

Now everything concerning the buttons works great.
(The default settings were pretty bad too...)
Sorry for any confusion, and I am glad I took another look...
I think I was lead to believe on their WEB site, some button
functionality would be lacking... I let it go to extreme...
                       Rick Glazier