From:
Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 12:34:50 -0000
Hi Mike,

Good to see you on the list.

I also work in a demanding job and although I love to cook, I don't always
have much time.

If I'm organised then I'll have something edible in the fridge for day' when
I come home late. Something like a cooked chicken and some salad.

Sometimes, if I get home too late to cook for that evening I'll just  grab
something from the fridge but  still cook a chicken in the oven for an hour
and a half. It's often too late to eat the chicken but it does mean that I
can take some chicken to work for lunch the next day  and have some ready
cooked meat for the next night (when it's too late to cook again!)

I also have a few tins of tuna at work for a quick nibble.

For me, being prepared is the key to making the diet work. I try to think a
couple of meals ahead all the time.

If I get caught out with no decnet food and I can get tempted into "naughty"
stuff like a tuna sushi roll which sounds innocent enough but can send me me
off on a carb binge. (I know it's rice therefore not paleo but when I'm
starving and away from home......)

So, I try to make sure that I always have access to tinned fish (tuna,
sardines, mackeral) at work and have some meat or fish in the fridge ready
to cook at home or better still, already cooked.

I find the cooking is really very quick. I tend to have meat or fish with
some cooked veggies and it's really the veg preparation and cooking that
takes the longest and that's only about 20 mins max. I'm getting used to
cooking food late at night so I can have it the next day.

Good luck and stay with it. It's good for me.

Al