RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:57:12 -0400
I have just returned from a two week business trip to south america.
my
husband and I were helping to set up some internet servers at
universities
in Lima, Peru and Rio de Janiero, Brazil. We were told to be very
careful
about not drinking the local water or anything uncooked that could not
be
peeled, because we'd get sick from viruses, bacteria, ameobas we're
not
used to. since we had a lot of work to do, and no time to get sick, we
did
as told and were very careful with the water, ate only cooked, except
for
fruits that could be peeled. thank god for the fresh coconuts in Rio.
had a few of them a day. I got sick anyhow: stomach cramps, the runs
and feverish flu like symptoms. it was not enough to stop me, but I
felt
miserable. When I got back home, we were able to return to our usual
diet,
which is at least 70% raw and lots of fresh juice. Then I got really
ill
for a few days. But this felt more like a detox: fluish, lots of
mucus,
aching joints, headache. lots of mucuous. lots of mucus. lots of
mucus.

I find traveling a real challenge when it comes to diet and would like
hear from those who have had experiences with it.

Lucia