From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:52:50 -0400
On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, S.B. Feldman, MD wrote:

> I think the magnitude of insulin response to any amount of meat eaten is
> several factors of ten less than that observed with standard american diet
> and snacks.

If the table at http://venus.nildram.co.uk/veganmc/insulin.htm is
to be believed, the difference is not quite that large, but
there's still quite a spread of values.

> As to the diuretic effect and chance of electrolyte depletion, I
> think this is significant during the transition/induction phase, and easily
> remedied usinf LiteSalt products from supermarket.

I agree that it is easily remedied, but I have not found that it
is limited to transition/induction.  At least, that hasn't been
my experience.

Todd Moody