David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:39:23 +0000
Hello Scott and welcome

AO14 was launched in November, but problems with it not talking to
ground.

On Christmas day the team managed to get some control, and this week the
spin rate has gone down by 2 rpm to about 15, but they need to get it to
about 5.

The stabilisation is in question at present but they cannot do anything
about this till the rate comes down.
They still have communication on 2.4GHz, and have downloaded some
pictures for control purposes only at present.

No dates available for two way communication yet.

73 de Dave G3yxx

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Scott Gillen
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
David