From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:57:41 -0700
>But about no fat...I used to cook without fat when I was low calorie
>eating.
>You "sautee" onions in water for instance instead of in fat. It isn't the
>same of course, the onions don't carmelize as well and don't taste as
>intense.

Add to this that if you eat vegetables without fat, you can't fully absorb
all the nutrients therein.  That makes me wanna smack that vegetarian chef
on a cooking show that runs on PBS (here in Denver, at least) who 'sautees'
her vegetables in water.  Booooooooring!

I haven't tried cooking with it yet, but I picked up some macadamia oil the
other day; it tastes great on salads!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO