From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:24:10 -0500
>The only symptom I see above is "craving a lot of carbs". And rashes.
>Where?
>How? When? Are there other symptoms?

She gets them on her low back, belly, and sometimes on the insides of her
knees. Sometimes on her cheeks too, if she has eaten certain foods.

>What is a salicylate?

I am not exactly sure, here is a list of foods with very high salicylate
content:
http://allergies.about.com/health/allergies/library/weekly/aa040300b.htm
It is a naturally-occuring compound which can apparently also be produced
synthetically. As I understand it, the problem is when salicylates are
combined, which is a very common occurance since so many common foods are
moderately to very high in salicylates, and salicylates are added to so many
cosmetics, perfumes, and such (which you are exposed to in public even if
you don't use these products).

>Is she craving fruit? Let her have her fill, no? The date source I posted
>earlier would be a great source of carbs.

The thing is, letting her have her fill usually results in her eating a
whole bunch of bananas or 10 dates in one sitting and then refusing to eat
any meat for a couple of days. If I restrict her to no more than two bananas
a day, no more than twice a week, this amount seems to stimulate her
appetite enough so that she will not refuse meat. She would absolutely
rather eat nothing but high carbs and skip the meat altogether. I have been
using the very high carb foods as a treat instead of a daily snack, and have
been pushing jerky and nuts for snacking. She has a high amount of aluminum
in her system, and our homeopath stressed protein, especially animal
protein, for aiding the removal of the aluminum from her body. She also has
a high potassium level, another reason to avoid the banana binges.

Stacie