C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:55:13 -0500
Sorry, y'all.  This is what I get for posting before I've read all my email:
I said this morning that I had not been able to get info re: Bobby, not
knowing that he'd already been home.  Egg on my face.

Bobby!  Glad to hear that no by-pass was in order!  You had us all worried.
Wanna share my skim milk and bran flakes?  Did the cardio guys give any
ideas why you're so fatigued?

Betty, you're welcome to call, although we might not be in.  I'm leaving the
house as soon as I get home, and Laura's brother's mother-in-law died
yesterday, so I don't know what her schedule looks like (think she said
something about going to the funeral home, but I was in a rush and can't
remember the schedule).

Ah...the cacaphony of modern life.  Hate it!

Since I have everyone's attention, I'm going to troll for suggestions/ideas
here:

Alex (the toddler) and I have to get up and about a bit earlier than Mom and
Sis (so Dad can get to work on time).  I take Alex to the sitter's because
it's on my way to work, but ten miles out of the way for Laura--so that's a
no-brainer who does the transport duty.  My problem is that I am so *^@!(
spastic in the mornings that I have a difficult time getting myself ready,
much less the boy.

For some reason, he and I are like vinegar and oil in the wee hours.  He's
grumpy as hell (I'm no picnic either) and hates for his dad to get him
dressed.  As I said, I have a hard enough time making the fingers work
getting MYSELF dressed, much less a squirming toddler.  The only solution I
could come up with was setting my alarm clock an hour earlier and taking my
painkiller/antispamodic cocktail in hopes that by the time I get up "for
good", everything will have kicked in.

Any other suggestions or like problems?

-Kyle