From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:19:09 -0800
I have very limited experience with dual monitor setup under NT4 however I
have a new monitor and want to set up a dual monitor setup under Win2000.

I use a single user network workstation that uses one 22 inch monitor and
two 17 inch monitors. My new monitor has an internal electric switch for
switching between 2 PCs and I also have an Linksys 4 port electric switch.
I am planning on setting up the new monitor as a monitor for two different
PCs using the internal switch and as a dual monitor view using the Linksys
switch. I don't anticipate a problem with this ...I will plug one side of
the internal switch into a primary video card and the other video card into
the Linksys switch. This will allow me to use the monitor connected to the
Linksys switch for a dual monitor view. This will also leave me one open
input on the 22  inch monitor which could be shared with another PC.
However once I use the Linksys switch to view another PC on the LAN  I will
loose my two monitor view on my 22 inch monitor. This is Ok for a few
minutes but would not be desirable for an extended work session.

Is it possible to switch between Dual and Single monitor view in real time
running Win2000 ? If so how do would I set this up ?

Thanks
Mark Rode

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html