BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Authentic Replicants Converge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:21:54 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/2001 4:03:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Actually, naturally enough, you eat lunch
 according to the *solar* day.  So it's the *sidereal* day that drifts,
 and six months later, a completely different set of stars will rise
 after sunset.  Every night, a given star rises 4 minutes earlier
 than the previous night.  Thus we have winter stars and summer stars
 and they're not the same.  Or, the evening stars of summer
 are the same as the morning stars of winter.
 If you eat lunch by the stars, and your first lunch is midday,
 six months later your lunch will be midnight.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.   Sounds reasonable to me.  Just tell me you're not
pulling my leg on this.

Ralph