BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "lapsit exillas"
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 22:05:35 -0700
> << Great Sonora Desert >>>
> Cuyler,
>
> Is this the desert that runs through Eastern Oregon as well?
> ][<en

Yep, the same one, all the way from mid-Mexico to my door step, a "rain
shadow" area caused by the coastal mountains that cause the eastward flowing
moist Pacific air to rise to get over the mountains, causing the air to cool
as it rises, causing the moisture to condense and drop out, causing the
famous West Coast Rain Forest, meaning that the air coming over the top of
the mountains is as dry as a bone, and that is where I live.

Sort of like the difference between Forest Home and Cayuga Heights.

Cuyler