From:
Holly Gallahue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:59:51 EDT

well just got back from the new GI. quick update Taylor is 3 1/2 has had
symptoms since April. first doctor said no way celiac because she wasn't sick
enough and only her IGG was elevated, 70. so we did gf for 6 weeks she did a
complete turn around no SYMPTOMS. found a new doctor put her back on gluten
for 10 days now, she hasn't had any symptoms and has been fine. new dr. said
that the IGG test is useless and shouldn't even be used for celiac. he did go
on to say that even though she doesn't have any antibodies that doesn't mean
we can rule out celiac. he wants to keep her on gluten until she starts
getting symptoms again then do something IM not familiar with called a blood
hest test for food allergy i may not have this right but it was something
like that. when and if symptoms return he said we can decide on a biopsy or
to just go gluten free again.

Here is my dilemma I feel we need to know for sure if she is celiac or just
has a wheat allergy. If she ingests wheat and its just an allergy OK so she
gets sick but if she ingest wheat and is celiac the long term damage could be
bad.

so here we go eating gluten and waiting to see. i must admit i am
shocked she is not sick after almost 2 weeks of gluten. thanks for
listening holly