From:
Kevin & Pat Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:04:36 -0400

Hi to all,

Could someone tell me what a bone density test consists of?

Are there different types of testing?  And perhaps one method is more
accurate than another?  Do they check the density in just one area?  Are
the results objective?....like 77%?   Or are they subjective?...like
"You show some signs of osteoporosis."  I am looking to have a bone
density test done, but only if I can get objective results.  Do I need
to drink any special dye or take any medication to have the test done?
I am 41 years old.  How should the results read for me...what is the
average % for a 41 yo female that has stong bones?

I have been gluten and dairy free for 2 yrs now.  I use to take calcium
supplements and about 8 other things, but I haven't taken any dietary
supplements (including calcium) for a little over a yr. now.  I am
feeling good, stronger, and with more energy than 2 yrs ago.  I am
hoping that a bone density test would confirm that I am where I should
be for my age (or even better) and that staying away from gluten and
diary (which used to make me sick) has increased my bone density.

I will summarize.......and if and when I get tested and the results are
as I thought, I will post this to the list.

Thanks in advance...

Pat in the USA

PS I would also be interested in hearing from anyone that has had a bone
density test and what your results were, your age, gender, and why you
think the results came out the way they did.