BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:33:35 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/2000 10:28:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  Cruelty-free architecture?)   Upshot: when I make my 4th
 $million, I am absolutely not hiring an architect who wears a cape to design
 my house-cum-waterfall escape. >>

Chris,

Cruelty-free would exclude Messrs Wright (rumored to be deceased anyway) and
Stern, and perhaps a few thousand others.  Would Richardson's weight
disqualify him, on grounds of cruelty to floor joists?  Seems to me that
Sullivan was less than charming to somebody or other, even though he was
FLW's "lieber Meister." (Why was Wright calling Sullivan the francophile by
Kraut names??)  And Harry K. Thaw probably didn't much care for Stannie.

Would I be considered if I limit myself to a porkpie hat and skip the cape?

Keep rentin' them cars. Good for the economy.  Tell the Frau that if she'd
seen the insides of the Manhattan parking garages I've seen,  she'd get down
on her knees and thank you for having the good sense to rent cars instead of
store them in indoor raceways.

Ralph