From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 12:15:39 -0600
>I enjoy lifting weights. I like the power feeling that it gives me, and
>afterwards, most of the time, I feel really good. Endorphins maybe? I find
>the prospect of lifting one day a week for shorter amount time to be kind of
>strange for me.

Hi Mary - I had the same reservations when I first encountered
abbreviated training. Coming from the Weider Publications mind set, I
didn't feel comfortable until I had incorporated many exotic
variations to cover all angles for a given body part. Luckily, I was
living overseas with a hectic schedule and the concept of making
gains with a single half hour workout per week just sort of meshed in
well with my lifestyle. The time I saved staying out of the gym was
spent on other pursuits. You may also find that longer rest periods
between high intensity workouts will yield greater gains than your
current weekly routine. Best wishes on your experimental training and
please keep us informed of your observations. Cheers, Jo