From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:35:30 -0600
From: James Ruby :Subject: [PCBUILD] trying to install modem

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to install a zoom voice fax modem model 2925
>
> It wants to go to
> irq 9
> memory range 08000000 -  080000FF
> input output range 1340 - 1347
> input output range 1200 - 12FF
>
> There are no bad marks and everything says it is working correctly in
device manager.

> When I try to dial I get the error message:
>
> the modem is being used by another dial-up-connection or another program.
Disconnect the other connection or close the program and then try again.

> I've been through about everything trying to trouble shoot this, so does
anyone have any suggestions?

> If it has to be an internal pci modem, what other one would you suggest.
>
> This system is a p166 with 64 mb of ram.
>
> I think it was an ativa that has win 95 b or C installed on it.
> btw:  I did some how get it to connect to the net once, but but only once.

I had the same problem with a (3Com) USR PCI modem.  I believe in Win95 you
can still change the IRQ settings from Device Manager.  Try changing the
settings for the modem in Device Manager to com1 (03F8, IRQ4) or com 2
(02F8, IRQ 3) setting.  You also have to disable the Com port that you want
the modem to be installed on in the BIOS.  In Windows 98 I had to go into
the BIOS and change the IRQ for the PCI slot the modem was located in to be
able to change the IRQ.  Once the modem was installed on normal com ports
settings I no longer received the message that the port was already in use.

Mary Wolden

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html