From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:38:37 -0600
From: Yui Shin :Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Modem connecting to ISP but not to
Explorer or Outlook

> I have the same problem with a Pentium II/ 400,
> running Win95b, and MS's client for Netware.
>
> Maybe by pooling our information someone could help
> us both. The main consistency I notice we're both dealing
> with Novell and Windows.
> Just like you, tracert and ping came up dry and browser
> could not produce a page while connected. I've tried
> different browser's, new DUN, and removing all clients,
> protocols, new TCP/IP, but no change.
> I figure a install of Windows will probally fix it, but I'm
> hoping to learn of another solution.
>
> -yui shin

Depending on which client you have installed and which OS you are using Win
95 or Win 98 there are different fixes for your problems.

With Win95 and client 32 there is a problem with Winsock 2, the problem and
fix are found here:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/tidfinder.cgi?2942877
also see the MS KB article Q191064:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q191/0/64.ASP?LNG=ENG&SA=AL
LKB

If you are running Client32 and Win98 you need to patch the IPX/IP Gateway:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/show_information?FileName=ipgsn10a.exe

Maybe one of these fixes will help you out.

Mary Wolden

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>