NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sally Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:32:05 EDT
I am checking in as another one who breastfed their extremely milk allergic
child!  But I read an article once, I wish I could remember where, that said
children who may have a propensity tword being allergic, like allergic
parents or siblings, should be sheltered from exposure when they are newborn.
 My son was born after 46 hours of labor and finally delivered by c-section.
Obviously, I was not in good health that first day.  The nurses took it upon
themselves to shove a bottle of formula on my poor little infant twice.
Although, I think he may have been allergic anyway, it does make you wonder
if his allergy would have been so severe.

My second son was also born by cesarian, but it was scheduled, so I wasn't so
beat up.  We placed five warnings in his bassonette not to feed him any
formula, and that there were family food allergies.  The were all done very
clearly in black on yellow.  We still had to remove bottles of enfamil from
his drawer!  I never let him out of my sight unless it was nessary.  He is
not allergic to anything, so who knows what the answer is.

--Sally