BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Callahan's Preservationeers"
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:21:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/2000 11:28:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< a building by E.L.  Tilton & A.M. Githens, Associated Architects, 420
Lexington Avenue. Githens strikes me as a familiar name -- isn't there a Herb
Githens out there
 (probably even on BP).  >>

Yes, Herb Githens is "out there," but not on BP. In fact, he's in the office
downstairs...

So-o-o-o, I hollered down the stairwell and asked him about the esteemed
A.M.G. The answer: The firm was well known for its commercial and public
designs (turn of the century?) Herb knows a couple of other buildings they
did, including the Admin Bldg in the Bergen County Justice Complex. They are
related remotely -- something about a link that goes back to the 1730s. Herb
apparently has a great photo of A.M.G., charcoal in hand. Cool.

If you want to contact him directly: <[log in to unmask]>

-- Loves Charcoal Drawings