BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:55:12 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/00 12:03:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< "Oh you mean like you did with that church in
 Plainview where the roof collapsed"

BRAVO!

 One of the professors that I most admired was the one who told me that the
only
 thing I would learn in 5 years of architecture school that would be of any
use
 in the real world was how to letter nicely.  He was right. . . >>

I remember being told in the early/mid 70's the attitude at Cornell toward a
woman taking architecture was that it was a good way to find a profitable
husband. Having sort of not possibly been dating a seriously ambitious and
highly intelligent female architectural student at the time of my hearing
this, and my not being at the time what looked like a survivable husband let
alone unprofitable rogue expressing desire to be a penniless poet, and her
dropping the relationship pleading being stressed out from the rigors of the
program, I had to take notice. I spent a summer, between loading bullshit,
rebuilding a rocking chair that I gave to her as a parting gesture. Macrame
seat & finely painted.

][<en