Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:02:48 -0500
Ray,

> And yet amoeba outnumber us and collectively outweight us.

This is also true for grains of sand, Ray, yet no one would argue that sand
grains are more advanced than humans.

Actually perhaps certain individuals here *would* make the argument that
silicon cystals are more advanced than humans. They might do so merely for
sake of making a bizarre argument, or perhaps because they thought they had
stumbled onto some profound truth of the universe, or perhaps just in an
attempt to be a nuisance. They might even accuse me of "hubris" for
declaring humans more advanced than sand grains.

> If you came here from another planet, who would you think was the
> master; the one in the diamond collar or the creature following
> behind with the pooper scooper.

If I was an advanced, intelligent being from another planet (and not just
some space idiot) then I would know better than to make any scientific
judgements about earth creatures until I had made many empirical
observations, after which time I would undoubtedly conclude that the one
holding the leash was the master.

-gts