Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 17:47:27 -0400
Ken,

> the only way to ascertain that [other species suffer] would be by
> cross-species mind reading...

Have you never stepped accidently on a dog's foot, or slammed a door on a
cat's tale? If you are willing to argue that the resulting wailing and
moaning is not empirical evidence of suffering in animals then you place
yourself in the absurd positions of either the philosophical solipsist, or
of the radical behaviorist who denies the reality of subjective experience
in all animals including humans.

If you want to attack PETA and/or ethical vegetarianism then I would suggest
you find a credible argument.

-gts