Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 02:53:17 -0500
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, Hans. The passage you
quote below does not contain any words to indicate that yeast contains
lectins. Yeast is neither a legume nor a cereal grain and the passage states
only that legumes and cereal grains contain lectins.

Todd thinks yeast does contain lectins along with almost all foods and I
have no reason not to believe him. However if they do exist in yeast then
Cordain evidently does not think they are a problem, else he would likely
have stated it somewhere. I was hoping you could point me to a reference in
which Cordain made such a statement, since you indicated earlier that you
thought you recalled reading it.

Yeast is a fungus. It was present in nature long before the neolithic
period, and probably eaten in small amounts by unwitting foragers. I'm
wondering if perhaps yeast is guilty only by virtue of its occasional role
as a co-consipirator in the production of bread and alcohol.

-gts