From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 19:57:35 -0800
On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 20:09:40 -0600, Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>  I'm not sure about carbs, but your non-meat/fat intake should average 1/3
>or less. Over time, you'll find the point that you go into ketosis, and can
>balance in and out as needed to regain weight loss. When you reach your
>desired weight, the idea would be to keep at a level just above ketosis.
>Play with it until you find out how few veg. sets it off, but be sure to get
>an adequate amount of balanced fat with the meat.

Interestingly, this is almost exactly the same advice as Dr. Sears and Drs.
Eades give.

Note that when you add fat to your carbs, it decreases the insulin spike, and
thus the resulting blood sugar swing.   This is another reason why
low-fat/high-carb is so wrong-headed.

--
Cheers,

Ken