BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:14:53 -0500
For a long time my work in the field was such that you could set your clock by
the declaration of lunch time.  It appeared to be the architect making the call,
but I think that's just the construction tradition of letting the architect think
he's running the show.  But the fact is, I have myself been known to reduce the
pleasantries to damned near rudeness by seizing a pause in the conversation and
growling, "feed the architect."  (On one occassion, I think it was, "feed the
architect...NOW!").  Fact is, lunch does build relationships and cools hot issues
and allows us to see each other, "off stage".

So if lunch is such a powerful force for good, what becomes of people who work
through lunch?

-jc