BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:04:54 -0600
We have moved enough to have discovered an odd behavior pattern and grown it
into a tradition.  In each house since 1975 in Australia, we managed to somehow
take possession of the house a day or two ahead of the arrival of our
possessions.  Thankfully we have always had fairly decent camping equipment and
this always became a matter of spreading out the sleeping bags in the
livingroom.  On the last two moves, the furniture had arrived and was even set
up, but the whole family chose to sleep in sleeping bags in front of the
fireplace.  This last move was the height of luxury...we did it in the summer
and there was no need for heat and we were far enough north that the heat was
not oppressive...you know, like when it gets into the mid 80's.

I wonder if my ever so grown up married daughter has adopted the same first
night tradition?

-jc