BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "lapsit exillas"
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 07:20:59 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/2000 4:00:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Electronic (sound maker) "Pestchasers" work wonderfully.   We have an
>  industrial strength model with three settings = mouse / squirrel /
>  skunk-raccoon and one of them even gets rid of flea beetles as well.

That sounds perfect!  I saw an ad for one of them a while ago, but didn't
know if it would do the trick. After several years of trying to catch the
critters in the little steel contraption with peanut butter and transporting
a number of them "up the hill" to the Eagle Rock reservation, I was ready for
some less intimate contact with these cute but smelly rodentii. Somehow,
Ken's suggestion of sitting on the porch with a shotgun didn't appeal to me
either. Where can I get more information on the "Pestchaser" -- Varmint.com?

> Black Widows we just catch in jars for transport, but we pray a lot when
>  crawling under the buildings.
>
>  Scorpions seem to keep a natural distance.

You have these in BC?  Gosh, I thought they were hot-climate type crawlies.

-- Caretaker, Wildlife-R-Us