CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
frank scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 16:54:54 +0000
Well, playing the word games which rationalize all of our wars and other
forms of mass murder, by the definition of genocide offered here, we are
guilty of it whenever we kill people anywhere. If we kill "members of
the group"...Serbs? Iraqis? Palestinians? Jews?...if we " cause serious
bodily or mental harm to members of the group"...Serbs? Iraqis? Etc???

So what is the point of the word game? If I kill your people, it's okay,
but if you kill mine, it's genocide?? Welcome to Bullshit Central? My
point is that to use the word about others is blatant hypocrisy, as well
as immoral, arrogant, and yes, just a bit stupid.