From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:05:09 -0500
When I bought computers, (I build them now), and they did not work
properly in the first thirty days, I got rid of them as quick as I could.
This assumes I did not "do" anything to them to cause them harm,
(no new hardware, or software, etc -- just "burning them in").
Sometimes the "out of the box" experience is just not what it should be.
As the prices fall and parts get cheaper this is bound to get worse.
Just a personal opinion...  Sorry if I am too negative, but I had to "ditch"
two units or be "stuck with them".
If it is too late to return it, write back to the list with any info about what
you may have added to system  -- All hardware, software, etc.
I had a friend with a new computer that worked "very" odd until he replaced
some new hardware that was added _after_ it was built.        Rick