From:
Kenny Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:21:10 -0800
I'm reminded of someone's personal story I read on the
web.  How she got her husband involved and eventually
to eat the way she did.  Don't know if it was paleo,
but the result was the same.

Play dumb.  If he hasn't seen the book Neanderthin
yet, pretend like there are passages you don't quite
understand.  Ask him to read them or ask one of your
husband's friends to read them and try to explain them
to you.  Eventually it has to get back to your
husband.  Hopefully his friend will have a different
opinion of what he read and discuss it with your
husband.

It will take time.  Be strong and hold your ground but
try not to alienate. Maybe even get him to tune in
next Thursday nite to CBS.

Your oldest may get some donuts, but I bet he is
getting better nutrition than before.  If we can't do
it perfect, at least we can limit the damage.  On the
spectrum, your oldest is closer to perfect than not.

--- Mary <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> What do you  do when your family does not support
> your paleo way of life?
> This diet has transformed a severely injured child.
> It has cured my
> arthritis. My husband does not support it at all,
> suffice it to say he feeds
> doughnuts to my older son behind my back. What would
> you guys do? He thinks
> all diets are pretty much the same, is on total SAD
> all the way!
>
> He thinks the diet had nothing to do with recovering
> Larry!
>
> This diet is my way of life and it has recovered my
> child. What the heck
> would you do?

=====
-kb.