Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:01:44 -0800
On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Michael Audette wrote:

>   Being on a paleo diet for many years now, I find
going back has amplified
> the bad effects of non-paleo foods. Although the
Eadeses book contains much
> paleo nutrition, the full benefits of this paleo
diet, cannot be realized if
> done one third or two thirds assed.

I think that the arrogant all or nothing zealot
approach is a turnoff to many people.  I have several
people ask me how I have lost so much weight.  When I
tell them, they have all said, "I don't think I can
give up _______ (fill in the blank with your choice of
forbidden fruit)."  I tell them all to read
NeanderThin.  If they don't think that they can give
up all their favorites, then maybe try the Carbo
Addicts method of limiting those foods to one meal a
day.  Many are open to that suggestion.  I make sure I
tell them all the health benefits I have received from
this WOE and what happens when I **sin** and eat some
of those forbidden fruits.  I believe that example is
a better persuader than confrontation and bullying.
It is my hope that they will begin to experience some
of the benefits by cutting out some of the bad stuff
and eventually go fully paleo.
Vacating the soapbox for now.
Jane
http://im.yahoo.com