Here is a summary of replies I received.

Most people agree that the wording on labels should be more defined.
Add to modified starch: artificial flavouring, natural
flavouring,flavouring,hydrolized
plant protein,spices,carmel colour, ad nausium.
I know from talking to some manufacturers that they do sometimes use
rice or corn malt but when it isnt identified on the label, I have to
skip something my kids might have.  Wish they could be more specific.

Wish we had something similar in the U.S.A. (A food list)

Best wishes
pat