Hi all,
I don't know if this applies to every distributor but I was told that some
red apples are injected with dye to make the skins a deep red (red
delicious are the ones I buy). I noticed I was getting sick after eating
them and not after green apples. I am highly allergic to a lot of dyes and
when they put red/orange dyes in colas I get sick from those. I haven't
followed up about the apples I get here in Vancouver, BC and yours are
probably different. I posted this to the list rather than the poster as
I'm wondering if anybody else knows or has info on this. I heard it from a
friend so i'm not sure it's reliable info. I just know that red apples
make me sick! (headaches and upset stomach).