>Date:    Tue, 25 Mar 1997
>Subject: itch n more!
>
>My father recently ordered me a spray called Skin-Cap, containing pyrithione
>zinc, for my excessively itchy, scaly skin.

        NEW YORK (Reuters) -- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is
        warning all users of over-the-counter dandruff and psoriasis
        treatments called "Skin-Cap" to immediately contact their health
        care providers.

        The products, imported from Spain, contain prescription-strength
        corticosteroid drugs, which may pose a health hazard to many people.

As with any steroidal drug, abrupt withdrawal is ill-advised and you should
see a physician.  This is not medical advice.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA