Regarding perogies, there is no need to sacrifice.  Betty Hagman's first
cookbook has a recipe for ravioli. You make the pasta recipe that is in that
cookbook. I used this recipe for the dough, roll it out and cut out
perogies.  I bought those fancy pastry cutters that you find in most stores
($3) and they make the most perfect looking perogies I've ever had. Then
just make whatever filling you liked from before. I haven't had to miss
perogies since CD.
Enjoy!