On Aug 16, 1996 18:00:38, 'Mark Baartse <[log in to unmask]>' wrote:

>I too thought millet was ok, ...
> but I was sick the next day, pretty much useless (although
>not that evening) and the day after that as well. When I say sick I mean,
>headache, general brainfogginess, diarrhea, stomach ache, stomach cramps
>etc.

This may be what professionals apparently call a Type I hypersensitivity
reaction: it would involve IgE, not the IgA, IgG, IgM and T cells connected
with the celiac intestinal damage. Have you other food allergies as well?

For what it's worth I ate millet groats (Arrowhead Mills) 2---3
breakfasts a week this past winter and tested anti-body free in May. No
immediate symptoms either but that is an inadequate measure for me because
I've never had the nausea and vomiting of that Type I response when I
occasionally test myself again with a wheat cracker.

Don Kasarda has posted here that he feels millet is far enough removed from
wheat to be free of the toxic celiac proteins.

                                         Kemp Randolph
                                         Long Island