As a Speech Professor, I must warn you NEVER PUT ANYTHING IN YOUR EAR
SMALLER THAN YOUR ELBOW.   The suggestions given in the summary
recommending you use Q-tips in your ears are dangerous.  I had a student
LOOSE HER HEARING in one ear by using a Q-tip.  It went in a tad too
deeply and she lost 80/% of her hearing.

A sidebar...itchy ears and deep brown sticky wax is an inidication of
food allergies...usually cow's milk products.