 Hello,

        Last night I bought a shake and it tasted like it had malt in it.  I
asked the girl if it did and she assured me that it wouldn't have malt in it
unless I asked for a malt.  Well about a half hour to an hour after eating
the shake I started to experience chest pain and stomach pain.  It was more
of an achy sharp pain than the usual diarrhea pain.  I felt this achy pain
increasingly through the evening and then this morning I suffered from very
severe stomach pain, nausea and diarrhea.

         I was wondering if anyone else experienced similar sharp achy pain or
chest pain from a gluten reaction?  I've only been on the gluten free diet
for a few months and I'm still trying to sort out exactly what symptoms I
get when having a gluten reaction.  I have to admit I haven't been extremely
careful, I do have similar symptoms after eating questionable foods.

        I'm curious to know if the achy stomach and chest pain could be from a
gluten reaction or if they are something different.  (the achy pain is most
often followed by diarrhea within 12 to 24 hours)       Thanks for your
help.

Tandi Hartle