>my hair was thinning....I am also curious if anyone knows the cause<

Kathy, Alopecea, hair loss, is a hereditary autoimmune disease associated
with celiac disease.  In those who are genetically predisposed, it can be
triggered by a major stressful event such as an illness, birth of a
child, surgery, a viral infection or perhaps even cycling(?).  There are
even a few documented cases of people with alopecea who regrew hair after
going on the gluten free (GF) diet which is required for celiacs.
Valerie in Tacoma, WA getting better & better on guai & the GF diet