Vance and Mary are absolutely correct - I've heard all the same things,
also.  My daughter who was recently diagnosed with Celiac is suffering from
psychosis right now. ( her dx. is schizoaffective disorder which is a combo
of bipolar and schizophrenia - we are told that she may actually grow out
of this.) We are Irish.  My grandmother who was from Ireland lived on cake
and breads and was schizophrenic. I wish I had know 13 years ago what I
know now. None of my children would ever have ingested gluten.  Since the
1920's doctors have known that a gluten free diet is helpful to
schizophrenics, but these days we just jump right to medications without
giving diets a try. ( at least in the management of psychotic illnesses
other than Autism) My daughter's psychiatrist said that the diet may help
30% where the medications may help 90% and that it is just easier to take
meds.  My hope is that a combination of diet and medications will help 100%
- or 99%.  My fear is that the damage of nearly 13 years of gluten
ingestion has permanently damaged my little girls brain and the effects
will be irreversible.

Laurie in New York