TELEHEALTHNEWS Archives

TelehealthNews Newsletter

TELEHEALTHNEWS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marlene Maheu PhD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TelehealthNews Newsletter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:55:58 -0500
Dear TelehealthNews Listserv Member:

This is our last  notice for this afternoon's webinar:

12 Licensing Facts You Probably Won't Learn from Your Licensing Board about Practicing Over State Lines (Licensure Portability)

WEBINAR PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:

January 21, 2013

1 PM Pacific, 4 PM Eastern

Looking for the facts about licensure and practicing over state
lines for medication management, online counseling or online
therapy? Have you heard conflicting reports from different parties?
Are you tired of getting the run-around?

Speaker: Marlene M. Maheu, Ph.D.

Licensure is not as complicated as many "experts" claim. In this
program, you will learn:

    * The 7 most alarming truths about most of our U.S. licensing
      boards
    * The essential functions of licensure and why they are relevant
      to the stable growth of our professions
    * What's been stopping our regulators from creating federal
      licensure on par with driver's licenses
    * How many states require an in-person assessment for approved
      practice, and where to get more information
    * Which states require payment for telehealth on par with
      in-person treatment -- and how licensure is pivotal
    * Which states are leaders in the licensure portability movement
      (licensing over state lines)
    * Why calling yourself a "coach" to practice over state lines
      when you are licensed get you in more trouble than it is worth
    * How malpractice coverage can automatically be nullified,
      despite your carrier's claims that you are "covered" for
      online practice
    * The one essential question to ask your malpractice carrier
      about your coverage for telepractice
    * Where to register for help with obtaining licensure in
      multiple states
    * What you can do to help change licensing law more quickly and
      more favorably for telepractice
    * Four (4) ways to keep abreast of these developments for free

For ACCESS, you have 2 choices. Which do you prefer?

1. FREE ACCESS:
http://store.telehealth.org/go/simpleorder.php?catalogid=1357340057&return=store.telehealth.org

2. PAID ACCESS:
http://store.telehealth.org/go/simpleorder.php?catalogid=713W&return=store.telehealth.org

What do you get with PAID ACCESS?

If you can't attend, want to share information with others, or want
a richer learning experience, consider purchasing our full CE / CME
package for $32.50. It includes:

    * Downloadable recording for your computer, iPod, iPad or other
      smart device
    * Beautifully edited transcript in PDF form
    * Access to full slides
    * 1 CE or CME(valid in most states for most disciplines. See
      details here: http://telehealth.org/ces-cmes

PLUS, webinar attendees will be given a 30% discount off our
new Certificate Program if purchased in January (save $749).

30-Day, 100% Money-Back Guarantee for TMH Institute Certificate
Training Installment Payment Plan Also Available

http://store.telehealth.org/catalog.php?category=3

TeleMental Health Institute, Inc.
www.telehealth.org