SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE Archives

Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture

SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katja Mruck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:03:45 +0200
Dear All,

The 9th issue of the on-line journal FQS is now available at
http://www.qualitative-research.net/fqs/fqs-eng.htm. As mentioned in the
Editorial, we are pleased to announce that we had an overwhelming amount
of contributions and we have decided to manage this situation by
devoting two issues to the topic of subjectivity and reflexivity (Part
II will appear in May 2003).

In the current issue, in addition to articles, linked directly to the
topic, you will also find selected single contributions and review
essays and notes. Furthermore, we started in FQS 3(3) a new debate on
"Doing Successful Research in the Social Sciences--Ethnography of the
Career Politics of an Occupational Group."

Enjoy reading!

Katja Mruck
FQS Editor

A) FQS 3(3) SUBJECTIVITY AND REFLEXIVITY IN QUALITATIVE RESEARCH, PART I
Eds.: Katja Mruck, Wolff-Michael Roth & Franz Breuer

F=Full text, A=Abstract
E=English, G=German, S=Spanish

Franz Breuer, Katja Mruck & Wolff-Michael Roth:
Subjectivity and Reflexivity: An Introduction
(FE, FG)

Christiane Kraft Alsop (USA):
Home and Away: Self-Reflexive Auto-/Ethnography (FE, FG, AS)

Eileen Day (Australia):
Me, My*self and I: Personal and Professional Re-Constructions in
Ethnographic Research (FE, AG, AS)

Barney G. Glaser (USA):
Constructivist Grounded Theory? (FE, AG)

Xavier Guillaume (Switzerland):
Reflexivity and Subjectivity: A Dialogical Perspective for and on
International Relations Theory (FE, AG, AS)

Johnna Haskell (USA), Warren Linds & John Ippolito (both Canada):
Opening Spaces of Possibility: The Enactive as a Qualitative Research
Approach (FE, AG, AS)

Tarja Knuuttila (Finland):
Signing for Reflexivity: Constructionist Rhetorics and Its Reflexive
Critique in Science and Technology Studies (FE, AG, AS)

Carl Ratner (USA):
Subjectivity and Objectivity in Qualitative Methodology (FE, AG, AS)

Iris Rittenhofer (Denmark):
A Guest in My Own Present. On the Scientific Consequences of a
Scientists Long Term Employment in a Foreign Country

Glenda M. Russell & Nancy H. Kelly (USA):
Research as Interacting Dialogic Processes: Implications for Reflexivity
(FE, AG, AS)

Kathleen St. Louis & Angela Calabrese Barton (USA):
Tales from the Science Education Crypt: A Critical Reflection of
Positionality, Subjectivity, and Reflexivity in Research (FE, AG, AS)

Gavin B. Sullivan (Australia):
Reflexivity and Subjectivity in Qualitative Research: The Utility of a
Wittgensteinian Framework

Paul ten Have (The Netherlands):
The Notion of Member is the Heart of the Matter: On the Role of
Membership Knowledge in Ethnomethodological Inquiry (FE, AG, AS)

SINGLE CONTRIBUTIONS

William W. Bostock (Australia):
Collective Mental State and Individual Agency: Qualitative Factors in
Social Science Explanation (FE, AG, AS)

Karen Cronick (Venezuela):
The Discourse of President George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden: A
Rhetorical Analysis and Hermeneutic Interpretation (FE, AG, AS)

Anne-Marie Davies & Richard Laing (UK):
Designing Choice Experiments Using Focus Groups: Results from an
Aberdeen Case Study (FE, AG, AS)

Sue-Ellen Kjeldal (Australia):
Back to Basics: The Sequencing of Inductive and Deductive. Research
Methodologies in Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Research (FE, AG, AS)

Jens Schneider (Brazil/Germany):
From Personal to General: Discursivity and Representativity in
Interviews (FG, AE)

Rakefet Shahar, Anat Kainan, Miri Munk, & Ada Kezef (Israel):
The College in the Eyes of Its Students (FE, AD, AS)

FQS DEBATES

Franz Breuer, Jo Reichertz & Wolff-Michael Roth:
Editorial Note: "Doing Successful Research in the Social
Sciences-Ethnography of the Career Politics of an Occupational Group"
(FE, FG)

Wolff-Michael Roth (Canada):
Evaluation and Adjudication of Research Proposals: Vagaries and Politics
of Funding (FE, AG, AS)

FQS REVIEW

Stephanie Bretschneider (Germany):
Review Note, Iris Stahlke (2001). Das Rollenspiel als Methode der
qualitativen Sozialforschung. Moeglichkeiten und Grenzen [The Method of
Role-Playing in Qualitative Social Research. Potentialities and Limits]
(FG, AE, AS)

Anja Kassel (Germany):
Review Note, Roland Bader (2001). Learning Communities im Internet
[Internet Learning Communities] (FG, AE, AS)

Anja Naumann (Germany):
Review Note, Dagmar Unz (2000). Lernen mit Hypertext. Informationssuche
und Navigation [Learning with Hypertext. Information Seeking and
Navigation] (FG, AE, AS)

Wolff-Michael Roth (Canada):
Grenzgaenger Seeks Reflexive Methodology. Review Essay, Mats Alvesson &
Kaj Skoeldberg (2000). Reflexive Methodology: New Vistas for Qualitative
Research; Christiane K. Alsop (Ed.) (2001). Grenzgaengerin: Bridges
Between Disciplines. Eine Festschrift fuer Irmingard Staeuble (FE, AG)

Rudolf Schmitt (Germany):
Review Note, Gisela Bruenner & Elisabeth Guelich (Eds.) (2002).
[Understanding Illness. Interdisciplinary Approaches to Communication
about Illness] (FG, AE, AS)

---
FQS - Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung
/ Forum: Qualitative Social Research (ISSN 1438-5627)
English -> http://www.qualitative-research.net/fqs/fqs-eng.htm
German -> http://www.qualitative-research.net/fqs/fqs.htm