EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 06:44:25 -0500
To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header
For those interested in the terms see:

http://www.icors.us/content/view/15/33/

These spell out rules for governance matters like conflict of interest, disclosure, rights and
responsibilities and the conventional high-level netiquette that has evolved over the past decade. I
have not seen any behaviour on this list which cuts across these terms, so I don't expect members
will have any difficulty complying. However, the privacy terms are tighter than they would have
been a decade ago. These are at item (D) at the above link.

I am required to develop a set of policies to be sent to all new subscribers. I shall put this together
over the next couple of weeks. The policies for Evolutionary Fitness will be consistent with ICORS
Terms of Service, but will be a briefer document than the ToS as it will focus on the good
management of this specific list, not all sorts of possible lists.

The move is tentatively scheduled for 25 January 2006. I'll confirm this date when ICORS let me
know it's on. For some hours on that day the list will be inoperative.

What you need to do:

Update spam filters and favourites. The new addresses for this list will be:

- for subscribers to send e-mail messages to the list

http://listserv.icors.org/archives/EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS.html
- for web access to the list archives

That's it.

ICORS will be prevent spam postings by asking subscribers who post by e-mail (rather than the
web page) to confirm - either by clicking on a weblink or responding "OK"  to an e-mailed
conformation request. ICORS also have additional developments planned which should make their
support for this list more comprehensive than could be provided by St Johns in the past. In
particular, ICORS hope to offer us a small website associated with the Evolutionary Fitness list -
this could host the our policies (see above), the FAQ, useful links, etc.

Meanwhile, you might like to browse Art De Vany's website:

http://www.arthurdevany.com/archives/evolutionary_fitness/index.html

There's about 80,000 words there on evolutionary fitness. Chapter 1 of Art's book is also available
for purchase from his site. There ideas in these two sources should be enough to get some
discussion going here.

Keith

The FAQ for Evolutionary Fitness is at http://www.evfit.com/faq.htm