EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:45:35 -0500
To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:36, Robb Wolf wrote:

>Keith-

<snip>

>The Performance Menu was born of the constant barrage of emails which
>asked "what/how do I eat".  Hence the recipes.

What an odd question!  Surely a comment on our times. In fact, I believe that one of the greatest
threats to the global environment is the ignorance of so many people in affluent regions in the
processes of the biosphere (of which a diet appropriate to our genome is but one of an infinite
number of aspects).

>we are hoping to get an
>interview with Loren Cordain and the
>Enig/Fallon crew so it should be interesting.
>
>Robb

In the interviews, please ask them for their comments on the importance - as they
respectively see it - of movement and activity (what most people refer to as exercise or training).
Loren Cordain draws primarily at the hunter-gatherer situation (but also from modern science),
while Enig and Fallon - following in the tradition of Weston Price - draw primarily (but not
exclusively) from traditional agricultural societies while those societies existed without significant
influence of the industrial revolution or global capitalism.  Art De Vany is one of the few who
recognizes the interrealtionship of diet and exercise and is able to work them seamlessly within
the single paradigm.  Other writers can't see the inter-weaving relationship and their diet books
have a chapter on exercise or their exercise books have a chapter on diet.

As you know, I prefer, using the Evolutionary Health Principle, to see diet, movement/activity/rest,
the global environment, social health ('conviviality') and mental health as being inseparable.  This
adds to the complexity immeasurably, but it's the only way to approach fundamental human
needs.

Keith

The FAQ for Evolutionary Fitness is at http://www.evfit.com/faq.htm