EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:53:54 -0500
To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header

Here's a story in this week's New Scientist (18 December 2004)
"ANTHROPOLOGISTS BEAT GADGET RAGE
Insights from anthropologists could help make sure that new gadgets don't
annoy the hell out of us. Traditional human customs have already inspired
cellphone services, and now software companies are hiring anthropologists
to give engineers a better perspective on what will appeal to ordinary
users. NEWS Page 26"

In the terms we use, you could say that companies are consciously
designing their new products more in tune with our Paleo minds and
bodies.  It's a good - if tiny - start, but only a start.

Keith