From:
Tammy Kochel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tammy Kochel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:10:41 -0700

Hello! I had such a terrible experience at a particular restuarant, I wanted to report it to you in the hopes that a few might be able to avoid a similar experience. Last weekend, on a bit of a whim, I went to the Bonefish Grill Restaurant. This restaurant is owned by Outback Steakhouse, so I had high hopes for the ability of the staff to accommodate a GF diet. I was very wrong. Upon being presented with the restaurant card, the waiter shared it with the manager who was very discouraging, but we decided that I would select a fish/seafood and then talk in detail with the server about the contents of any sauces, etc.

While we were made to wait until the server addressed all of his other tables first (about 25 minutes), the server was very helpful and we determined that I could eat a salad (no dressing/croutons), shrimp and scallops with the special sauce of the day (minus the seasoning packet--which basically leaves you with butter, lemon and spinach), and the mashed potatoes.

Then, I was delivered someone else's salad by a food runner (but, luckily, realized this and sent it back). Then, when my meal came via food runner, I waited for our server to come by b/c it looked like the mashed potatoes had gravy on them. The server assured me that it was merely butter and lemon juice and so I dug in. Well, about 4 bites into my dinner, the server returns and says, oops, the food runner delivered the wrong food. I ordered yours without the seasoning packet, but this one has the seasonings. I clearly traded plates, but explained to him that this is a big deal and I would suffer physically as a result of the accident. He even asked for details about the physical effects (which I shared despite trying to eat at the time!). He made sure to tell me that he informed his manager of the incident. I cannot fault the waiter, but when the manager never bothered to show up at the table or compensate for the error in any way, I was certainly upset. I even passed this manager
 on the way to the restroom and he still avoided contact.

What a shame. Until this restaurant gets its act in order, I certainly would not recommend this Outback affiliate!!!!

Tammy