Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 00:40:27 -0500

Donna Lindner questioned carbohydrates in the celiac diet.

I found personally that what I think of as "normal" amounts of carbohydrates
didn't seem to be enough "quality" food for me.  I now add TVP (textured
vegetable protein of soy origin) or sunflower seeds or similar items when I
eat cereal, rice or polenta.  That makes me feel much better for a longer
time.

I have also tried to eat carbohydrates in the form of vegetables -- carrots,
string beans, whatever.  What I think of as the better "quality" of this food
helps to keep me feeling better throughout the day.

I have found it unwise to omit carbohydrates from meals OR to use too many
simple carbohydrates.

I hope this helps someone.

Patty in San Francisco