From:
Melinda Freckleton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melinda Freckleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:37:59 -0400

Hi list,
        Sorry to flood everyone's mailbox with this reply, but after looking
at this link, and in light of that fact that my concerns were not
included in the summary,  I think a safety caution is in order!!

        Veratrum is a widely documented toxin in livestock, it causes drastic
drops in blood pressure in several species, and severe, frightening
birth defects when consumed by pregnant sheep.  Unless there are
published (in peer reviewed National or International medical journals)
safety studies for this product in humans, I strongly urge you to
consult with a physician who is familiar with both the effects and side
effects before you take something like this.  Please, please, please do
not take this if there is even the slightest chance that you could be
pregnant!

        My disclaimer is that I am not a physician, so I cannot diagnose or
prescribe for humans, but I am a veterinarian, trained to protect human
health.  I am not trained directly in human pharmacology, and this is
not medical advice.

Melinda Freckleton, DVM
Catlett VA